Friday, November 14, 2014

Virginia's View / Simon Says Wednesday Challenge / Freshly Made Sketches

This week I needed a birthday card for my friend Lola, one of the 7 Cardologists. My starting point was a piece of background that I had left over from that card (the second one in the post). Lola had admired those golden splatters and so I assumed she liked the panel...?



http://keepintouchcards.blogspot.com



http://keepintouchcards.blogspot.com



Stamps: Simon Says Stamp (Happy)
Dies: PTI (birthday, gold star)
Other: Studio Calico (little, wooden stars), Heidi Swapp (white star with script), Gelatos

It took me way too long to decide which way to go with this card until these challenges came to my rescue:

Freshly Made Sketches #182




Virginia's View Challenge #9 "Metallic"




Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Stars"




Simon Wednesday Challenge Blog


In the end I really love how it came out! I feel it's so me! The stars, the artsy panel (in my dreams I am very artsy, you know...), the grey card,...

ETA: Carol pointed out that I should link up to Addicted to Stamps (Anything goes) and to Inkspirational (Shine). Thanks Carol!

Wishing you a fantastic weekend and thanking you for your visit and comments,

Susanne






17 comments:

Hettie said...

Great cards Susanne. I love the splash of colour with those splats of gold.
Brilliant.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
xx

Sarah G said...

Love this vibrant, artsy birthday card, Susanne! I have just realised that I have that PTI star stamp in my NBUS and have not thought of using it for the various star challenges that are going on at the moment - I'm off to look for it :)

Jen Mitchell said...

That background is perfect for showing off the stars. Such a colorful and cool take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

cm said...

In my dreams I'm a superstar designer, with a craft room filled with alllllll the supplies I could ever want! You make me laugh! Your card IS artsy,funky, vibrant, with gold splatters that add such a special touch. Pairing it with stars: oh yeah! Lola will be immensely delighted with this; it is 'so you' and, as a result, so amazing! Waltz this gem over to Addicted to Stamps and More: Anything Goes, and Inkspirational, where the challenge is 'shine'. I'm on the DT for both, soooo...I'll be looking for youuuuuu *grin*
Hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Oh yes, artsy, striking, vibrant and so gorgeous, Susanne ... especially with the gold splatter ... a fabulous backdrop to those yummy stars! Anita :)

cm said...

So glad you linked to the two challenges! Yayy...and THANK YOU for visiting my blog today (well, actually every time you visit). Your comments are always a delight, and I truly mean it when I say they add sparkle to my day, or in this case, evening! My husband's away, so I appreciate the 'warm fuzzies' you bring while I'm on my own.
Hugs~c

cm said...

Guess who! I'm back to 'officially' thank you for sharing your wonderful shine-inspired card in the Inkspirational gallery! It truly is stunning!
Hugs~c

Sian Ridley said...

I love the colours!! The grey is a perfect anchor for all the blues and greens - a beautifully whimsical birthday card! ;)

sandie said...

That panel is bright and rich in colours....there is probably a word to describe that! And the go,d splatters are just perfect. Love you placed it on a grey backround so the eye isn't distracted from the panel. Great to see you added to Ink and ATSM

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness this card is fabulous as is the colours you've given your background. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the background, the star and the splash of gold! Great birthday card. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Pia Larsen said...

Great & colourful card!
Thank you for playing with us at INKspirational Challenges for our "Shine" challenge.
Pia xx

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Susanne, so bold and striking and I love the pretty sparkle.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Rahmat said...

A lovely card! I like the vibrant colors. Thank you for joining us at ATSM!

Virginia L. said...

Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge! Love the striking colors!! Gorgeous!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Also die ist einfach Klasse - die Farben sind toll und die Spritzer! SUPER!

Rosmarie said...

Eine tolle Karte! Die großen Buchstaben und die goldenen Spritzer finde ich genial!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...