Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Guest Designing for Time Out Challenge #83

Hello crafty friends,

Today I have the honor to guest design for the Time Out Challenge #83 because they picked this card of mine as the winner.

For Challenge #83 we are to CASE the following fabulous card of "Desert Diva" Hannelie
I am sure you already know her because she is on several Design Teams but if you happen to be new to the stamping world please check out her blog. I promise you won't regret it but come back inspired! Here is her card for this challenge:





Isn't it gorgeous? As you will soon see I was inspired by the colors, the negative die cut, the black and white image, the white space, as well as the digital sentiment.







Stamps: JudiKins (crane), Desert Diva (digital sentiment)
Dies: SSS (little heart)
Other: Martha Stewarts (punch), Brushos


Now if you are one of the three people who doesn't know Hannelie I would like to tell you that she loves to create and use her own digital sentiments which she generously makes available for free on her blog. Over the years I have been following her I have downloaded several of her sentiments but have to admit that I usually forget to use my digital stamps. This challenge inspired me to use one of her digital sentiments. I also used her color scheme (one of my favorites), a black and white image, and instead of a negative die cut I dug out one of the magnetic punches from Martha Stewart (let me know in the comments if you remember them or even still have them) which I have never used but thought it was perfect for this challenge. I am so happy that I finally created something with it. It makes me feel much better about buying it...

And now hop on over to the Time Out Challenge to check out what the amazing Design Team created and then get creating! Maybe you will be the winner of the $15 gift certificate to Happy Little Stamper, our generous sponsor for this challenge.

ETA: Gundi of "papierelle" fame has pointed out that this card would work for her challenge so I am entering it there!






Be well,


21 comments:

sandie said...

Wow Susanne this is stunning-I adore the placement of the white bird (like to have a go at the please?)and such a unique idea. Plus what a elegant die and superb sponging-love how you kept the yellow just to the centre. So pleased to have you as our Guest Designer x

papierelle said...

Was für eine tolle Karte!!!! Du hast Dich zu einer ganz wunderbaren und außerordentlich schönen Karte inspirieren lassen!!!!
Und ich sehe einen Reiher, der ist auch in Deutschland heimisch, ganz besonders in Brandenburg. Jedes Jahr gibt es im Herbst einzigartige Naturschauspiele zu bestaunen, wenn sich die Reiher auf großen Wiesenflächen treffen für ihren Flug nach Afrika. Würde mich freuen, wenn Du diese schöne Karte noch auch bei meiner kleinen Challenge (Bloggeburtstag) verlinkst.
LG Gundi

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A stunning take on Hannelie's card Susanne! It looks just like a fabulous sunset taken through a Japanese screen! And, yes, I do indeed remember the Martha Stewart punches and own four of them myself . . . unfortunately not this one, as it makes me want one now, and I probably won't be able to get it any more! Have a great day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic
PS Congratulations on a well deserved GD spot!

Karen Dunbrook said...

I agree...stunning take on Hannelie's card...love the die cut and the sunset colours you used me.
xx Karen

I Card Everyone said...

Have any? I have a drawer FULL of them, Susanne! Yours was the perfect touch of marvelous detail! How wonderful that you are the guest designer here at T.O., congratulations - much deserved for your fabulous card! Your CASE of Hannelie is just as beautiful - btw I saw a small flock of white herons flying overhead last week!
Now excuse me while I go dig through that drawer... xx
=]

Nonni said...

That punch creates a fabulous pattern, I hope you will start to use it more often, what an elegant design! I love the way you were inspired by Hannelie, your card is so pretty, I love the layout. Thanks for being our GD at TO!

Anita in France said...

Wow, Susanne, what a stunning take on Hannelie's inspiration card ... those oranges and yellows glowing through the punched 'windows' are just beautiful ... the single outline heron is fabulous against them! So happy to have you Guest Designing with us at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

Trina P. said...

So elegant and beautiful, Susanne. You did a great job ink blending and punching out that cool design. My punches are collecting dust. 🙄 And congrats on GD.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum GDT! Ist ja super! Und die Karte ist genial! Und Du hast sogar ein Digitales sentiment benützt - besser gehts nimmer!

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful way to use your magnetic punch for the first time; the roundings in the created frames are so elegant! And cranes are elegant birds...have you see how they fly? Like it is so easy... Think this is such an elegant case of Hannelies card and to use one of here is a perfect way to top this card! Thanks for being our Guest Designer at TIME OUT!

Happy Dance said...

I don't think I've ever even seen a magnetic punch! What a great tool, though! Works so beautifully here (and keep it handy for another challenge coming soon...that's all I can say for now...). I love the whole feel of this card, Susanne, and you've really channeled your inner Hannelie with this beauty. Simply gorgeous! Bev

Bonnie said...

Hi Susanne, I just had to come over from Time Out and tell you how much I LOVE your card! Beautiful sponging and die cutting! Wow!

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the guest design gig, Susanne!! How fun to have both you and the delightful Hannelie featured on TO for this challenge! Your CASE of her design is magnificent in every way! A perfect example of brilliantly making a CASE your own!! Hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

I would have been shocked if you hadn't won that challenge & you're the perfect GD, Susanne! Your card is a brilliant use of Hannelie's inspiration--love that punch! I don't have any magnetic ones, but have a lot of border punches that never get used now.

papierelle said...

Ja ok, könnte auch ein Kranich sein, die Reiher haben noch so eine "Kleine Krone" am Kopf, ansonsten sehen sie sich schon ähnlich. Aber es gibt auch Kraniche bei uns, also alles Bestens!!!
LG Gundi

Izzy Scrap said...

Tout d'abord Félicitations pour être Guest Designer à Time Out avec cette magnifique équipe ! Ta carte est tout simplement magnifique et quelle superbe interprétation de la carte d'Hannelie ! Ton aquarelle est splendide dans ces tons jaune - rouge orangé. La partie jaune me fait penser au reflet du soleil dans l'eau un soir d'été ! J'adore la jolie fenêtre faite à l'emporte pièce (punch), elle est très stylée ! Je me vois donc dans le sud de l'Espagne (Alhambra) ou bien au Maroc à regarder par une de ces jolies fenêtres ouvragées un vol de grues au dessus de l'eau ! Pfff c'est magnifique comme tu m'as fait voyager ! Encore une magnifique carte CAS ! Merci de partager et d'inspirer avec tes belles créations.
Bises xx

Hannelie said...

Your card is a beautiful case of my own Susanne! I just LOVE it!
Thanks you so much for your very kind words too. It warms my heart!
Big HUG

Karren said...

This card is so beautiful, Susanne! Love it!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Susanne, this card is fabulous. I am so glad you dug out your magnetic punch. I don't know what this is but I sure love the result of your using it!!! Love your blended inks and I love that crane! Awesome take on Hannelie's card. Just fantastic!

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I LOVE how you used that fun punch. It looks so cool with the blended background. FABULOUS take on Hannelie's card!!

Jenny Colacicco said...

I have one of those punches somewhere and I don't think I have ever used it either!! 😊 This one worked perfectly for the CASE! What a beautiful card. Jenny xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...